Over the weekend I went to visit my sister for her first child's baptism. Dimitri's baptism was beautiful and I had a wonderful time with my sister and her family. I also got to hang out with some of my best friends, Rachel and Audrey. I think I have known both of them since i was eleven. They all live out in West Virginia, it was a long drive but well worth it.During the weekend though I noticed i was getting increasingly sick, with shorter and shorter nights of sleep.
Once I was back to the dorm I was going to finish my theory homework which Maren helped me with and then go straight to bed. However my suit mate decided to play very loud vulgar music late into the night, finally it was 1am and I had been pounding on her door for the last hour, she finely decided to turn her music off, however, I had a very short night of sleep.
Monday morning came way to quickly, I pretended I had 8 hours of sleep and drudged my way to Theory. I had class just fine, but suddenly I had a very strange feeling come over me. So I got up to get a drink from the bubbler in the hall. My body started feeling so strange, I fell down against the hallway wall and couldn't get back up. I had been holding tears back from my fatigue for weeks. Finely I couldn't stop them any longer, I burst into uncontrollable tears while my body was shaking. My good friend Ann came out and helped me, Maren got my stuff from class and they helped me out to the lobby to lay down. About an hour later my mom arrived to take me home.
Mom brought me home where I have been laying on the couch resting and watching TV or sleeping in my bedroom. It's getting very old, but my body isn't strong enough yet to take on the busyness of school. I have missed three days already, I can't afford to miss anymore. So tomorrow I will go back to school. The strangest thing has been happening the past two days though, a ache in my hips and legs that is so bad at times I can't stand on them, I'm not sure what on earth is going on.
So, now I am sitting here, Wednesday night, with Robin Hood: Men in Tights playing on the TV reclined on the couch, with aching legs and two papers to write.

2 comments:
I'm praying for you, friend. *BIG HUG!* :)
i hope you have recovered fully.
managing your health has got to be a big headache!
love ya, sis!
Post a Comment